About this role:
This is an applied research position. At Medo.ai we push the frontiers of what is currently possible in the automated analysis of medical ultrasound imaging. Although sometimes we rely on well-known machine learning libraries (e.g. scikit-learn, pytorch, etc), most of the challenges that we face require the development of new algorithms, neural network architectures, or training methodologies. We are looking for highly creative people who understand machine learning in depth.
As a Senior AI Scientist, you will be working on multiple projects defined for different products. You will be consulted about what approaches can be pursued for these problems and you will need to present your ideas to the team lead and other members of the AI team and guide everyone involved, on the path to the solution. Although the main goal of our research is to improve Medo.ai's products, you will also have the chance to publish results that contribute to the scientific community.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in the field and assess the next potential steps
- Explore different ideas and approaches when a new problem is defined and suggest best possible solutions
- Need to think of ways to best exploit the total value we can extract from the data
- Develop scalable solutions that can ultimately be deployed in real products
- PhD or equivalent Master’s degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS or related fields, preferably with a focus on Computer Vision
- Strong publication record in the intersection of AI and medical imaging
- Excellent programming skills and familiarity with Computer Vision, Deep Learning and other relevant libraries in Python, e.g. Pytorch/Tensorflow, OpenCV, Numpy, PIL, etc
- Strong understanding of CNNs in general and SOTA models for semantic segmentation, classification and temporal modeling for image sequences and videos
- Great communication skills, being able to convey information to team members and the team lead
- Having industry experience, working on Computer Vision problems or related fields
- Familiarity with Git and docker
- Experience with application of AI algorithms and models to medical imaging data (Experience with Ultrasounds images is considered a bonus)