Are you interested in collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of scientists, clinicians and engineers who are creating artificial intelligence technologies to impact the lives of millions worldwide?
Our mission at MEDO is to democratize medical imaging by providing patients with efficient and affordable ultrasound expertise at the point of care. We use machine learning systems to radically simplify the way ultrasound scans are performed and interpreted, enabling all caregivers to make an accurate and confident diagnosis.
MEDO is a dual-headquartered med-tech startup with a team of over twenty clinicians, researchers, and developers who design and build software-as-a-medical-device (SaMD) products. We are backed by Wavemaker Partners as part of the Draper Venture Network, along with SG Innovate and major tech investors in the Asia-Pacific. Our innovations are currently being piloted in over 12 hospitals in 6 countries.
We are looking for a Junior Software Development Engineer in Test to help us build, test, and maintain software solutions that meet - and exceed - end-user expectations. This role requires the successful candidate to write code in order to automate processes, and to test application code. Our ideal candidate would be eager to learn and grow within this role and apply their knowledge. They would employ a thorough, methodical approach to testing and attention to detail.
- Working closely with developers and quality assurance personnel, and using feedback from post-market surveillance and customer service activities, to discover, track, prioritize, and mitigate bugs
- Writing code (python, c#, etc) to automate build and deployment processes and to execute automated test cases
- Proactively identifying and tracking software defects and weaknesses
- Designing and executing appropriate test plans and corresponding bugfixes
- Preparing and executing performance tests for in-house benchmarking
- Preparing automated tests (system, regression, UAT), and test harnesses for a variety of software deployment configurations (including cloud-based, containerized, local and mobile)
- When required, assisting with design control activities including verification and validation protocols and reports
- A minimum of 2 years of direct experience in software development and/or software testing
- A University Degree in Computing Science or a related field, and/or substantial demonstrable hands-on experience (portfolio)
- Strong attention to detail: you are meticulous and thorough in your design and execution of test plans
- Persistence and creativity: you are always looking for new ways to make software more durable and efficient, and also to streamline the workflows of fellow developers and testers
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience with whitebox and blackbox testing techniques, at the unit, system, and user-acceptance levels
- Some experience with generating and maintaining code-level and long-form documentation
- Some experience with using automated systems and frameworks to streamline development and testing
- Experience with testing containerized systems and cloud architectures is a definite asset
- Cybersecurity testing skills are a definite asset
- Experience with the DICOM protocol is an asset
- Relevant experience outside of the Software Development field (ie: Quality Assurance, DevOps, image analysis and visualization techniques, artificial intelligence systems) is an asset
- Previous startup experience and the ability to “wear multiple hats” at times is a huge plus
- You are a team player with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- You take pride in the quality of your work and in the mastery of subject matter
- You are a self-starter who is always happy to take initiative and learn more!
As an established startup company, MEDO offers a dynamic, fast-paced environment which fosters independence, innovation, and many opportunities for challenge and professional growth. We are proud to embrace diversity and inclusivity: over one third of our teammates are women and collectively we speak over ten different languages.